We are looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer with deep experience in new product development.
Our mission is to build equipment that R&D and MFG teams LOVE to use.
We are engineers and designers who develop mechanically sophisticated equipment, test fixtures, & turnkey automation for organizations who need custom R&D and MFG solutions. We supplement this with general product design services (e.g. medical devices, consumer products, etc).
Who We’re Looking For
Mechanical designers/engineers who have a minimum of 3 years of Solidworks (or combined Solidworks and other CAD) experience, and a minimum of 3 years working professionally (i.e. not as a student) in new product design/new product development. An engineering or bachelor's degree is not required. We are more concerned with your skills and capability than we are the college you attended (or didn’t).
Why Work with US:
- Get paid to work on super fun engineering projects
- Flexibility to work in the office or occasionally at home
- A team of professionals with whom to learn and grow
- Company contribution towards health insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered through the company
- Eligibility to participate in our profit-based bonus program
- 2 weeks+ PTO
- 8 days paid holidays + 3 paid sick days
- Standard 8am-5pm, M-F schedule
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design mechanical parts and systems using Solidworks CAD
- Have working knowledge of and ability to implement OTS hardware (e.g. toggle clamps, spring plungers, shoulder screws, threaded inserts, dowel pins, gears, etc) into new product designs
- Utilize working knowledge and experience to design for the following manufacturing processes: machining, 3D printing, sheetmetal and/or weldments, & plastic injection molding
- Basic engineering analyses of parts, assemblies, and systems
- Bench top testing & assembly of prototype parts and assemblies
- Project-specific R&D
- Create documentation (manufacturing drawings, reports, etc)
- Design reviews & meetings with customers, vendors, & other Pipeline team members
The following are our core values at Pipeline. Individuals with whom these values resonate will find the most value and fulfillment working at Pipeline:
- Treat our customers well, treat our team members better
- Governed by productivity, not bureaucracy
- Suffocate chaos, promote order
- Prevent surprises
The new team member will work from our Tempe office, remotely (e.g. home office), or both depending on the assigned projects (candidates not residing within the Phoenix valley will not be considered). Representative examples of the types of projects on which you will be working can be reviewed here: https://teampipeline.us/case-studies/
If you feel you are a good fit for the position, please fill out the questionnaire linked to below and complete the engineering exercises, then submit per the included instructions. An interview will then be scheduled for approved candidates.
Questionnaire and engineering exercises: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/29u4ifibnqwwfkx6w264w/Pipeline-Candidate-Questionnaire-B.zip?dl=0&rlkey=10wwlz9q2lpnj630n36ndzn98